background

Sunday, December 9, 2012

I'm committed...or maybe I should be...


In 2011 I undertook the 52 weeks/52 letters Challenge and successfully completed it.  I felt so great about that, that I decided to stretch a little more.

Last year I took on the 2012 Reading Challenge, and one of my reading selections was The One Year Bible which was a year-long project all on its own.  I also began a Sky Scarf.  AND I continued trying to mail 52 letters in 52 weeks.

These have taken a LOT of focus and determination.  It seemed so easy at the start of the year...but back then I wasn't expecting the increase to my work schedule.  I am really, really happy to say that I am up to date on both The One Year Bible and my Sky Scarf (and I am really, really happy that the completion date for each is nigh!)  I'm pretty sure that I'm still on target for the 52 letters...I haven't tallied up the stats lately.

I do believe that I will continue my endeavor to send a handwritten letter to someone each week in 2013...it's really very rewarding.  And today I shopped my bookshelves for a 2013 Reading Challenge stack (photo above)...twelve selections and two alternates.  It has really felt great this year to donate the books to the library's used book sale as I've finished them...better on their shelves than mine.

But that's it!  No new additions for next year!  Because if I were to take on one more commitment, it would be true cause for a commitment of another kind for me!Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So what are the books? I enlarged the picture and can still only figure out about 30% of them. You won't have your scarf to do next year Unless your planning on making another one... what other than the sky changes colour dailey... Have to think about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to seeing the complete Sky Scarf. I thought it was such a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails