background

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Diary of Mattie Spenser by Sandra Dallas

I finished this one a couple of days ago, and I rate it 9 out of 10.  I saw this recommended on Pinterest.  Looked at it on Amazon...full price, but synopsis and reviews looked promising.  Looked on library ebook website...didn't have it.  Looked on library physical book website...they have it, but I'm still away from home and didn't want to wait.  Back to Amazon.  Paid full price.  Read non-stop and loved it.  Worth the full price.  Will definitely look at other titles by this author at library when I get home.  (Guess I should add that it is about newlywed homesteaders in Colorado Territory shortly after Civil War.)  Oh, and it turned out I had a credit due on Amazon, so it was like I got a special deal on it after all!  :)


The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline

I bought this one several months ago as a Kindle Daily Deal.  Lately I have been seeing it seemingly everywhere, so I was glad it was in my Kindle...quite handy, that.  Teen in the foster-care system does community service hours by helping a ninety-year old sort through her attic and memories.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Just found The Diary of Mattie Spenser as an e-audio book that I can get through the San Antonio Library! Guess what I'm using for my commute "reading" next? Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails